Experienced Bankruptcy Lawyer Serves NYC
Board-certified attorney assists clients in the five boroughs and Long Island.
Located in Brooklyn and serving clients across the five boroughs, Long Island, Westchester and Poughkeepsie, The Law Office of Gregory M. Messer PLLC provides a wide range of services for individuals and families suffering from the weight of excessive debt. Experienced bankruptcy attorney Gregory Messer will work with you personally to set your mind at ease and relieve the strain you’re facing from personal or business debt. Deciding to file for bankruptcy can be difficult and scary, but our law firm is here to help make the process as easy as possible for you. While our courteous, knowledgeable staff members are available to answer any questions you may have, you will spend the majority of your time dealing directly with Mr. Messer — a well-known, highly esteemed lawyer.
Accomplished Brooklyn firm handles a wide range of debt relief concerns.
Our firm handles a full range of bankruptcy cases and other debt relief matters, such as:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — By filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can discharge your debts quickly and move forward without being harassed by creditors.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy — The best way for businesses to overcome financial challenges is to keep the doors open and the customers coming in. Filing for Chapter 11 gives companies a chance to restructure existing debt obligations while continuing to bring in revenue.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — People with income over the median income to qualify for a Chapter 7 case, sometimes need assistance repaying debts, especially after an unexpected event such as a medical crisis or temporary financial setback. Through Chapter 13, you can establish a repayment plan that satisfies your obligations on fair terms over several years.
- Loan modification — Falling behind on a mortgage could put your home at risk. Often, financial institutions are willing to negotiate a mutually beneficial loan modification.
- Wage garnishment — If you’ve been hit with a wage garnishment from a creditor, there might be ways to undo it so you can keep what you’ve earned, discharge the debt, or repay it on better terms.
To ensure every client struggling with debt receives the attention they deserve, we are an appointment-only law firm with flexible hours that fit your schedule and needs. In order to serve our clients best we are currently offering in person consultations, or virtual meetings.
An attorney who has earned accolades from clients, peers and the community.
Mr. Messer has received extensive recognition over the course of his legal career as a diligent, ethical advocate. A member of the Chapter 7 Trustee Panel for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York since 1980, he became Board-certified in Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification in 1995. Mr. Messer has received peer recognition from fellow attorneys. He is listed in Super Lawyers and the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™ and is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®. Additionally, he has received multiple awards for his service to Brooklyn community members in need.
Contact a knowledgeable New York bankruptcy lawyer for a free consultation.
Reach out to the Law Office of Gregory M. Messer PLLC online or by calling to schedule a free initial consultation. Our office is located across the street from the United States Bankruptcy Court in Brooklyn and is close to the Borough Hall and Court Street subway stations.